The university Educational and Methodological Council is an advisory body that was established with the aim of coordinating work on the planning and organization of educational and methodological work, as well as supervising the issues of improving the educational process at the university (monitoring the quality of the educational and methodological support of the educational process, academic and reference literature, manuals and other materials published at the University, compilation and dissemination of best practices in organizing and implementing academic and methodological work, implementation of new technologies in educational activities, etc.).
The EMC participates in the development of normative and legal acts in the field of the university education and methodological activities. It is responsible for organizing and conducting of seminars, conferences, meetings on improving academic and methodological work.
In its activity EMC is guided by the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On Education", the University Charter and other normative documents on academic and methodological work.
Educational and methodical complex for a discipline (EMCD) is a set of documents that determine the concept of a particular course.
The design and use of the EMCD is aimed at:
- mplementation of interdisciplinary logical links of the educational program;
- distribution of study time for topics and types of training sessions;
- development of students' cognitive and creative thinking;
- ensuring the interrelation of academic and research processes.
The EMCD includes:
- Core curriculum of a discipline (for the disciplines of the mandatory component), curriculum of elective discipline (for elective disciplines);
- Working academic program for a discipline for teachers;
- The curriculum of a discipline (Syllabus) for students;
- Map of the educational and methodical provision of discipline;
- Summaries of lectures;
- Methodical instructions to practical (seminar, laboratory) classes;
- Methodological guidelines for the implementation of the ISIUS (ISIGS) and the ISUS (ISGS);
- Methodological recommendations for discipline study;
- Materials on monitoring and assessment of educational achievements of students (exam cards, test questions);
- The list of specialized classrooms and laboratories.
- Acts of implementation of research activities (if any).
To implement the University Policy in the field of quality the materials of the Institute are regularly updated. For the majority of disciplines student can obtain the electronic version of the EMCD components on the student web-portal.