The university has a high scientific talent density and modern facilities and infrastructure for the conduct of relevant and demanded scientific works. The overall direction of the University's research work is based on scientific developments, advanced technologies and their analysis systems.
An Action plan for 2016-2020 has been developed for the research works of the University and its structural units (adopted at the Academic Council meeting, Minutes No. 6 as of 29 January 2016) which was generated driven by conformity with the mission, goals and objectives of Miras University.
Research is an important and integral part of the University's work and involves not only University professors but also undergraduate and graduate students.
Currently, at Miras University, under the agenda "New Kazakhstan: The New Industrialization and Modernization of Economic, Political and Legal and Technology Processes", the faculty members are working on the following topics:
- Fundamental research "Improvement of Book-Keeping, Accounting, Analytical and Auditing Processes in Enterprises of the RK". State registration number 0116RK00123.
- Fundamental research "Various Aspects of the Financial System of the RK". State registration number 0116RK00122.
- Applied research "Assessment of the Competitiveness of the Region's Socio-Economic Development and Development of a Mechanism for Its Improvement". State registration number 0116RK00115.
- Fundamental research "Historical Processes for the Formation of a Sovereign State in the Republic of Kazakhstan". State registration number 0116RK00114.
- Applied research "Topical Issues of Information Technology and Applications for Production, Science, Technology and Education". State registration number 0116RK00110.
- Fundamental research "Effectiveness of Reforming Law Enforcement Agencies and Judiciary System". State registration number 0116RK00113.
Under the topic "Development and Modernization of Education in a Modern Society", the following areas have been identified:
- Applied research "Theoretical and Methodological Framework for the Training of Psychologists and Educators in the Higher Education Institution in an Innovative Environment". State registration number 0116RK00154.
- Applied research "Modern Technologies for Teaching Polylingualism and Translation Studies". State registration number 0116RK00124.
- Applied research "Art Activities of Design in the Diversity of Style Directions". State registration number 0116RK00111.
- Applied research "Development of Technology for Obtaining of Domestic Lignin Modifiers of Products of Corrosion (LMPC)". State registration number 0116RK00112.
- Applied research: "Development of Sheep Breeding Potential in South Kazakhstan Oblast: Competitiveness, Commercialization and Application in Practice". State registration number 0115RK00947.
Integration of scientific research in the educational process is a prerequisite for maintaining the necessary professional level of teachers, improving the skills of future specialists and forming professional competencies.
Research work is the leading area in the activity of Miras University. As a rule, all full-time teachers should participate in the compulsory research work.
Miras University has established a Standard for minimum performance indicators for the teachers' research activity (Provision on the Implementation of the Research Work of Academic and Teaching Staff of Miras University approved at the Academic Council meeting, Minutes No. 9 as of 24 April 2015).
The list of executors of research work of Miras University, includes parties to existing contracts and cooperation agreements with foreign partners. For example:
- Bishkek Academy of Finance and Economics as of 7 July 2015,
- Uzbek Scientific-Research Institute of Pedagogical Sciences named after. T.N. Kary-Niyazov as of 7 April 2015,
- Tashkent University of Information Technologies, the Republic of Uzbekistan, as of 16 April 2015,
- OOO Modern Business Academy NOVA (SBA Nova), Novosibirsk, Russian Federation, as of 5 April 2011
- Research Institute Algorithm-Engineering, Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Tashkent, Uzbekistan, as of 2 February 2011
- Moscow Integrated Security Institute, Non-state educational Institution for Higher Vocational Education, Moscow, RF, as of 1 October 2011
- American University of Central Asia, Kyrgyzstan (eng) as of 14 November 2011
- Centre for Personality Psychology, Düsseldorf, Germany, as of 19 December 2011
- Institute of Microbiology, Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Tashkent, Uzbekistan, as of 4 January 2012
- Research and Development Centre Botanika, Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Tashkent, Uzbekistan, as of 04 January 2012
- Kyrgyz State Pedagogical University named after I. Arabaev (KSU), Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, as of 20 April 2012
- Physiology and Biophysics Institute, Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Tashkent, Uzbekistan, as of 4 April 2012
- Flora and Fauna Gene Pool Institute, Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Tashkent, Uzbekistan, as of 4 April 2012
- Graduate School of Magistracy and Scientific Programmes KEU named after M. Ryskulbekov, Kyrgyzstan, as of 27 June 2012
- Tomsk Institute of Non-state Educational Institution for Higher Vocational Education Eastern Humanitarian Academy of Economics and Law (Tomsk Institute of the VEGU Academy), Tomsk, RF, of 15 April 2013
- Institute of Finance, Economics and Law for Reserve Officers, Moscow, RF, as of 05 September 2013
- Institute of Natural Resources (INR) National Academy of Sciences, Kyrgyzstan, as of 24 March 2014
- Osh State University, Kyrgyzstan, as of 24 March 2014
- Vyatka State Humanitarian University (VyatSHU), Kirov, RF, as of 11 November 2014
- The Capital Academy of Small Business of the Russian Federation, Moscow, RF, as of 25 November 2014
- Petersburg State Institute of Psychology and Social Work, St. Petersburg, RF, as of 18 March 2015
- Non-state Educational Institution for Higher Vocational Education Eastern Humanitarian Academy of Economics and Law, VEGU, Ufa, RF, as of 04 March 2015
- Bitlis Eren University, Bitlis, Turkey, as of 03 June 2015
- University of Leicester, United Kingdom, as of 15 June 2015
- Academy of Tourism Antalya.
Scientific cooperation is under way in the following areas: postgraduate education (internships, continuing professional development); exchange of experience and information; joint implementation of research work, issue of articles, writing of training aids, monographs.
Working groups have been established in all areas, a list of performers has been fixed. The effectiveness of these areas of research are available: publications, training aids, patents, certificates of authorship, acts of implementation, etc.
The Research Centre (RC) is a part of Miras University and its permanent, structural unit that organizes and coordinates research, analytical activities and the development of proposals and recommendations aimed at improving and enhancing the University's faculty activities in the research area. RC is involved in consulting and research. This structural unit oversees activities aimed at the creation and implementation of innovative technological products. RC supports student projects
The main areas of focus are:
- organizing regular competitions of startups among student youth to identify and motivate potentially effective projects for further commercialization;
- the development of innovative infrastructure, including the business incubator and design bureau to enhance innovative activities;
- an attraction for cooperation of representatives of external organizations for the implementation of joint scientific projects on a permanent basis.
Director of the RC — Rogovoy A.V., Candidate of Sciences in Physics and Mathematics, Assistant Professor.
Business Incubator activities
The Business Incubator is part of the Research Centre. The Business Incubator provides effective support to students, graduate students and young scientists involved in business teams at the initial stages of their work. The main objective of the Business Incubator is to develop entrepreneurial skills and to identify from among the student audience the innovative projects that are readily implementable.
As part of the Business Incubator's activity, five projects were sent to the “Gylym Sharainasy” competition in Astana in October 2016. Nine applications from seven Chairs of the University were filed, 5 of which, following the consideration by the Expert Commission, were recommended and the admission fees were funded. All five projects have won prizes.
In November, 2016, 5 projects were sent to Almaty for the Republican Youth Student Patriotic Forum "Men Jastarga Senemіn" (I Believe in Youth), which was devoted to the Day of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan and was hosted by KazNU. The project of Ameltchenko Anastasia from the Chair of Pedagogy and Design went forward to the second tour. The University financed the trip to the Forum to present and defend the project.
In March 2017, frive projects were applied to the city competition for innovative projects "Best Ideas" organized by the Youth Resource Centre of the City Akimat of Shymkent.
The Business Incubator regularly organizes the startup projects competition "Best Ideas".
Preparation and conduct of student projects competition "Own Business"
The "Own Business" contest is held among undergraduate and graduate students of higher education institutions who are members of the business teams at the initial stage of their work (business incubation). The purpose of the competition is to boost innovation efforts by involving undergraduate and graduate students in entrepreneurial activities. Objectives of the competition: identifying and selecting innovative projects among undergraduate and graduate students and popularizing innovative entrepreneurship in the educational environment.
In order to intensify the innovative activity of the University by involving undergraduate and graduate students in entrepreneurial activities, on 7-8 April 2016, the "Business incubator" organized the "Own Business" contest among undergraduate and graduate students. The contest pursued the aim of identifying and selecting an innovative project among undergraduate and graduate students, and popularizing innovative entrepreneurship in the educational environment. Eight innovative projects were considered in the competition: Keshirim surau agenttigi (Apology Agency)- Musataj A.; setup of a psychological support service for subjects of education "Harmony and Growth" - Draganova T., Sherimova A.; Kazakhstan for All - Nazmetdinova Sh.; Miras Puzzle - Bekbolat E., Auez E.; 3D Design of Artificial images (LED cube 8×8×8) - Savelyev I..; Printed Medical Plaster - Ameltchenko A.E.; Production and Sale of Cono-pizza - Sonar E.; Intensive breeding technology for production of Karakul sheep in South Kazakhstan. -Kuznetsova E. The event was sponsored by the commercial organization, Aspan Profile Technology JSC.
On April 27, 2017 at Miras University, with the support of the Atameken Chamber of Entrepreneurs of South Kazakhstan oblast and our partners and sponsors – Aspan Profile Technology and Nazar Textile, – there was held the Finals of the 2nd traditional competition Own Business for students' business Initiative support. This year, the contest for the first time acquired the regional status: along with students of Miras University, it was attended by disciples of Taraz State University, South Kazakhstan State University, South Kazakhstan Humanitarian Institute, Regional Social and Innovation University and the secondary schools of the city. Golinskikh Victoria, the student of the DI-311r-2 group, won the contest with the business project Cup Holders and Paper Cups as Effective Advertising Media. The grand prize was 50,000 tenge and Miras University’s assistance in the implementation of the project. Congratulations!!!
Also, the judges of the contest marked with valuable gifts and money prizes the IE Honeybee Project of Starkova Irina, the student of group BT-411r-1, Bakhshiev Ibrahim's Game Servers Hosting project (group VT-411r-1), Daulet Nijazbek's Student-Food - Fast Cooked Cuisine, (group MN-411k-1), and Akmurzin Akzhol's (group FK-411k-1) Car Wash project, . All participants in the competition received the brand products and souvenirs from Miras University.
The Commercialization Office is working to identify and implement commercially promising scientific developments of the HEI.
The objectives of the Commercialization Office are:
- Monitoring and drawing up of the regulatory and methodological base of the Commercialization Office.
- Search of partners for the conclusion of economic contracts, cooperation contracts, including international ones. Identification of market and partner needs and possible avenues for commercialization.
- Establishing contacts with private business entities to commercialize research and development results. Development of investment memorandums and search of investors.
- Analysis of prospects for commercialization and promotion of available scientific results, projects, results of scientific and technology activities on the market. Commercialization of completed scientific developments and introduction of research results into production.
From 9 to 13 October 2017, the Research Centre and the Commercialization Office of Miras University, together with the Ministry of National Economy of the RK and the National Chamber of Entrepreneurs of the RK "Atameken", as a part of the Business Support and Development Program "Business Roadmap - 2020", a training was held on component School of Young Entrepreneur, which was attended by 26 students from Miras University.
Project "Automated Educational Process Management System", Project Supervisor – Rogovoy A.V.
The time-frame for the project: 2015-2020. This project relates to the field of educational systems, in particular, to information systems designed to automate scientific and educational processes. The intended result is the automation of the scientific and educational processes of higher education institutions; implementation of computerized collection, storage, processing and retrieval of all data types to simplify the work of the staff of the HEI; automation of the forms and system of reporting to the Ministry of Education and Science based on relevant requirements; implementation of information and notification functionality for teachers and students. Confirmation of the results is done in the form of writing and defending of master's dissertations and diploma works, scientific articles and reports at international scientific conferences, acts of implementation into the teaching and learning process and production, registration of copyrights. An application was filed with the Ministry of Justice of the RK and a certificate of State Registration of rights to the copyright works, IS 004220, was obtained, registry entry No. 0678 of 14 April 2016. Research is being conducted with undergraduate and graduate students majoring in Computer Science and information Technology. The results of research works are reflected in the diploma works and Master's theses; for the 2016-2017 academic year, 6 acts of implementing the project results in the educational process of Miras University; 3 master's theses on the project theme were prepared, 7 articles were published.
Project "Development of professional competence of future professionals through low and high-profile issues in studying a subject in the foreign language", Project Supervisor - Letyaikina T.A.
The time-frame for the project: 2016-2020. Integrated teaching of the domain knowledge and the foreign language is conducted through the CLIL methodical approach, which gives priority to the subject content while the foreign language is a tool for studying special terms and basic processes. The Soft CLIL model is selected, in which the mother tongue of learners is used to a large extent to facilitate the perception of the subject discipline. Consultations were conducted with 26 teachers of the chairs on the planning and conduct of classes of various kinds (lectures, workshops, laboratory practicums, SIWs and students' independent work under the guidance of teachers). Within the framework of the project, jointly with teachers and researchers from Satbayev Kazakh National Technical University, a questionnaire was drawn up for students with the aim of identifying the degree of preparedness and motivation of students to study the subject in English. On May 12, 2017, a baseline study was conducted among the first-year students of non-linguistic majors. 221 students participated in the questionnaire survey. The questionnaire included an examination of the views of the respondents on the teaching of English at school and at the university by the following indicators: amount of the study load, English language score, the main content of the training sessions, availability of assistance from the teacher (professor), main difficulties in learning English, satisfaction with teaching and suggestions for its improvement.
Project School of Guides, Project Supervisor – Statsenko O.A.
The "Guide School" project was launched in October 2016 at the premises of Miras University jointly with the noncommercial Association Tourism Development Centre of South Kazakhstan oblast. A calendar plan was developed and approved. From 6 to 26 October, classes were conducted on the developed programme. Graduates of the School of Guides developed promotional brochures for posting on the University's website. Graduates of the School of Guides successfully conducted excursions with visiting schoolchildren during the international student scientific and practical conference of Miras University and also, at the request of the CYA, worked out an excursion with visiting athletes. Information about the graduates of the School and the commercial tours they offer are posted on the University's website and in Instagram. Work has been done to conclude an agreement with the Mountaineering Association of South Kazakhstan oblast. The agreement has the purpose to train tour guides of alpine tourism to develop the tourism infrastructure of South Kazakhstan oblast. The scope is the tourist of South Kazakhstan oblast. The types of work and the time frame for the implementation of the agreement have been determined, a program of instructor-guide training courses, planned estimates and a schedule have been drawn up. During 2016-2017, research work is carried out jointly with the students majoring in Tourism and Foreign Language, there is 1 act of implementing the project results in the production, 5 diploma works on the project theme were completed, 4 articles were published. Professors Mitroshenko T.S., Makhanova D.K., Gadetskaja N.D. in the period from 3 to 20 April 2017, underwent further training at South Kazakhstan Centre for Certified Training, in Shymkent; having attended the courses "Tourism as a Promising Area in the Feld of Higher Education Institutions" and "Tourism Formalities and Safety in Tourism" in the amount of 72 hours.
Project "Research and development of plant growing potential of South Kazakhstan oblast" (Originally titled "Roots of trees and grasses of Southern Kazakhstan")
Research advisor — Candidate of Biological Sciences, Senior Lecturer Akhmetov B.A.
The project objective is to study and analyze the characteristics of plant growing in the context of Southern Kazakhstan, to identify promising plant species and ways of their cultivation, to win the lead in implementing the ideas of "green economy" in Kazakhstan.
The subject of research is germination of seeds of ornamental and large plants for greening of University premises, planting of trees for the landscaping of Miras University territory, and the conduct of experimental work ( at an Industrial level).
Within the framework of the project, its participants carry out working seminars and manage works, provide with biofertilizers and organic preparations the entire production cycle, and are gradually moving towards the implementation of the GreenWall project. The work resulted the implementation of the "GreenWall" project for the greening of the greenhouses in the buildings of Miras University, carrying out and practical application of experimental works on greening.
In 2016-2017, the laboratory auditorium was arranged and set up, germination of seeds and the cultivation of ornamental and large plants for the greening of the University's premises, the planting of trees for the landscaping of Miras University's territories were carried out, seven diploma works were carried out on the subject of the project, and two articles were published.
Overview of priority directions of R&D for obtaining intellectual property rights.
Documents have been prepared to obtain the copyright for the invention of the utility model, "The QUADRO apparatus for testing of integrated microcircuits". A package of documents has been sent to the Ministry of Justice of the RK, and a request for clarification from the experts was received and responded.
The utility model refers to the means of individual or group training to work with digital logic electronic circuits and can be used for academic, curricular and research works.
The QUADRO apparatus for testing of integrated microcircuits comprises the "attache case" type demo module, module for testing integrated microcicuits, the LED module, impulse generator, computer pad, compact oscilloscope, generic multiple purpose meter - tester type, electrical parts, a set of connecting wires, and power supply module.
The proposed device makes it possible to conduct laboratory practicums on the testing and exploring of parameters, properties and optimal application of modern digital integrated microcircuits in the field of radio engineering, devices for instrumentation and control, telecommunication, automation and telecontrol, industry and info communication technologies.
On 19 May 2017, at 14.00 at the Education Information Centre of Miras University (former Palace of Metallurgists), located at the following address: Shymkent, 1st of May Street, 10, the ABC Quick Start-2017 program was presented - the Nazarbayev University's second accelerated program for beginning startup companies, inventors and innovators. The main objectives of the Program are to create a system to support innovative ideas of students, young scientists and entrepreneurs who demonstrate capabilities for innovative project activities; selection and acceleration of promising business ideas and development. The City Akimat of Astana and JSC Astana Innovations were the general partners. The presentation was presented by Zhakupov Aidar Beksultanovich, General Director of Nazarbayev University Research and Innovation System (NURIS), Sultangazin Bulat, Director of the Business Incubator of AOO "Nazarbayev University", and Daribaev Abzal, Senior Manager of the Innovation Department of AOO "Nazarbayev University". The audience of the presentation were students of Miras University.