Miras University is a center of taking TOEFL® iBT tests authorized by ETS.
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is an international test of English as a foreign language.
TOEFL Test was created by Educational Testing Service (ETS), Princeton University, New Jersey, USA.
The primary aim of TOEFL is to evaluate the level of training of those for whom English is not a mother tongue. Submission of TOEFL results is a necessary condition for admission to more than 2400 colleges and universities of the USA, Canada and some other countries.
TOEFL Certificate is a necessary document when gaining the right for internship in English or getting the job requiring knowledge of English.
TOEFL Certificate allows not to pass entrance examination in English at entry upon Master’s and Doctoral programs in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
TOEFL Certificate shall be valid within two years.
The sections of TOEFLiBT Test:
- Check of text comprehension by reading and listening (Reading&Listening)
- Check of oral communication skills (Speaking)
- Check of writing skills (Writing)
The information on registration to the Test is available on the website: http://www.ets.org/
The dates of conducting the Test:
- November 17, 2018
- January 12, 2019
- March 16, 2019
- May 18, 2019
For reference in Shymkent please call: +7 777 370 80 58 (Tatyana Letyaykina).
The place of the Test conducting: classroom 510, 3 Ilyayev Street, Shymkent city (Miras College).
Since October 2018 SAT examination is conducted at the premises of Miras University.
The dates of conducting SAT examination at Miras University:
- December 1, 2018
- March 9, 2019
- May 4, 2019
- June1, 2019 г
The examination is conducted at the following address: 7 Lomonosov Street (building of Pedagogics, Art and Languages faculty)
For reference please call: +7 777 370 80 58 (Tatyana Letyaykina)
SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) examination is a standardized examination which checks critical thinking skills. SAT examination checks basic knowledge acquired at school in separate subjects or in a whole (in complex).
The SAT results are necessary for applicants to be enrolled in colleges and universities of the USA.
There are several variants of SAT
- SAT (with essay)
- Subject SAT
1) SAT consists of:
- Writing and Language;
- Math (with two subsections: No Calculator and Calculator);
- Essay (optionally)
2) Subject SAT
- Subject SAT – History of the USA;
- Subject SAT – World History;
- Subject SAT - Mathematics 2 Level;
- Subject SAT – Mathematics 1 Level;
- Subject SAT - Biology (with a focus on Ecology and Molecular Biology);
- Subject SAT – Physics;
- Subject SAT – Chemistry;
- Subject SAT – Chinese (with listening test);
- Subject SAT – German (with listening test);
- Subject SAT – French (with listening test);
- Subject SAT – Japan (with listening test);
- Subject SAT - Italian;
- Subject SAT – Korean (with listening test);
- Subject SAT – modern Yiddish;
- Subject SAT – Spanish (with listening test);
- Subject SAT – Latin.
More detailed information is at the following link: http://test-sat.ru/chto-takoe-sat/